Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Travel Itch: February Edition




Photo: Vintage Suitcase available from Always Maybe Vintage

Travel Week continues!

Five Hotels Where I'm Longing to Stay:


Pavillon Des Lettres Each of the 26 rooms in this Paris hotel is designed around a famous writer.

The Halcyon I'm always longing to to back to Bath, England, where I studied abroad in college. This romantic and chic hotel would be the perfect place to stay.

Wythe Hotel This buzzy Brooklyn hotel has impeccable design and terrific views. I want to stay here the next time we go to New York.

Tierra Patagonia This is a dream. That is all.

Viceroy Palm Springs Could I plan a whole vacation in the desert? Maybe, if I could stay in a hotel that evokes Old Hollywood glam.



Five Museums/Exhibits I'd Love to Experience:


Museum of Natural History Celebrates Theodore Roosevelt This year-long memorial at the Museum of Natural History in New York celebrates Teddy's contributions to conservation.


Matisse Museum in Nice This museum dedicated to one of my favorite artists is housed in an 18th century French villa.

Butchart Gardens in Vancouver, BC  55 acres of gardens. 26 greenhouses!

Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg, Austria, might be the only film tour I care about doing.

The Hemingway Home I'd like to pay tribute to Papa H at this museum in his home in Key West. I don't think I'd have any trouble planning the rest of a vacation in the Keys!


Where are you longing to go?







No comments:

Post a Comment