Sunday, February 24, 2013

Six Weeks Muffins



Forget what you think you know about bran muffins. These raisin bran muffins are delicious! The recipe has been passed down from my Grandma Liddle. She was a phenomenal cook and baker. I don't know why they're called "Six Weeks" muffins except maybe because this recipe makes quite a few!

The recipe calls for a whole box of raisin bran. Once the batter is mixed, it needs to sit overnight in the refrigerator. The buttermilk and baking soda cause the batter to bubble. (I don't keep a sourdough starter, so this is the most bubbly thing I make!)

I like to make this recipe and freeze some of them, so that when we run out of milk for cereal some morning I can just reach into the freezer and produce muffins! 








1 comment:

  1. Family recipes are so special! Love the font you used! So classic!

    Best!

    Carmen
    www.sixthandolive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete